Roadie is seeking Backend Software Engineers to join our growing Engineering Team, building the backend for our suite of consumer and enterprise services. Enjoy a mix of new development and product growth on a team we’re building to scale and optimize our existing technologies. We welcome folks from mid-level to Architect level to apply.
- Plan and execute on short-term and long-term engineering goals individually and within the greater engineering team
- Participate in backend architectural design decisions
- Collaborate within a technology team comprised of frontend web + mobile, data science, and Quality Assurance specialties to define, design and ship technical requirements and features that accomplish our product goals
- Work in a fast paced environment where we are frequently iterating to support the needs of our users, enhancing our apps and redefining feature roadmaps
Technology we're using now
- Backend: Ruby on Rails
- Frontend: React/Redux, Objective-C and Swift, Android
- git, GitHub
- Building a SaaS product: knowledge of Blue/Green deployments, feature flags, A/B tests, etc.
- Cloud services experience, preferably AWS and/or Heroku
- Understanding of and experience with Containers/VM - you have worked with Docker, and know why Kubernetes exists
- Experience with a fast-to-build type interface, dynamically compiled, such as Ruby, Python, and/or NodeJS
- Experience with a strongly typed, statically compiled language such as Java/Scala, C#, Golang, or C/C++
- Experience with at least one relational database (Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience with at least one non-relational database (MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB)
- Experience with REST APIs
- Knowledge of design patterns, and can articulate several in detail
- Experience with use cases for queuing and experience with at least one queuing system (MSMQ, ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka, AWS Kinesis)
- Experience implementing and supporting logging aggregation such as Kibana or Papertail
- Familiarity with OAuth, SAML, Bearer Token, JWT, LDAP
- Experience pushing notifications, SMS, email, Twilio or similar
- Experience using monitoring systems for early warning/notification of failures
- Knowledge of scalability/performance measurement and monitoring.
- An understanding of UDP, TCP/IP, and HTTP protocols
- An understanding of reverse proxies like Nginx and DNS
- Finally, a willingness to admit what you don’t know, and learn what you need to learn quickly
- Contributions to open source projects. Examples welcome!
- Fullstack capabilities or interest - we welcome folks that can flex on our team