Roadie Senders Agreement
This Senders Agreement is a part of Roadie’s Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) and is incorporated therein by this reference. By using and accessing our Platform and requesting Delivery Services, each Sender agrees, represents, warrants, acknowledges and agrees that:
- Sender is at least 18 years of age and has all right and authority to lawfully use the Services or otherwise has the full right and authority to contract for the Gig and send all items contained in a Gig.
- Sender will specifically list, photograph and disclose to the Driver, prior to the Driver accepting the Gig, all items included in the Gig will not include in any Gig any “Prohibited Items” as listed in the Terms, whether consented to by a Driver or not. Sender acknowledges and agrees that Roadie is not responsible for the contents or loss of any Prohibited Item. Roadie reserves the right to dispose of the Item in its sole discretion and reserves all rights to instruct its Drivers on how to dispose of the Item, including delivery to the proper authorities. Sender acknowledges and agrees to Roadie’s Open Box Policy and will allow a Driver to visually inspect all items in a Gig prior to departing with the Gig.
- Unless Sender has a separate special written agreement with Roadie, Sender will not include in any Gig any “Special Item”. Sender acknowledges and agrees that Roadie is not responsible for the contents or loss of any so included Special Item. Roadie reserves the right to dispose of any unauthorized Special Item in its sole discretion and reserves all rights to instruct its Drivers on how to dispose of the Item, including delivery to the proper authorities.
- Sender has the responsibility to properly pack all items in a Gig, including Live Animals, sufficient to withstand transport, ensure the safety and integrity of the item and in compliance with all applicable laws. Sender acknowledges and agrees that the Roadie Protection Plan does NOT cover reimbursement for any loss or damage to any Gig resulting from (1) any breach of this Agreement or the Terms; (2) sending any items on the “Prohibited Items” list; or (3) inadequate packaging.
- Sender acknowledges and agrees that the Roadie’s maximum liability under its Protection Plan is $500 per occurrence, unless Additional Protection is purchased.
- Sender will only contract for or arrange a Gig (or other similar services) with a Driver through the Roadie Platform and will not knowingly engage a Driver who has delivered a Gig for Sender prior to perform Delivery Services outside of the Roadie Platform. Senders shall not enter any personal information into the title of a Gig, including phone numbers or addresses. All personal information should be entered in the appropriate sections indicated in the App.
- Sender will not discriminate or harass anyone on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age or sexual orientation.