How to ship heavy equipment quickly and affordably
Get an estimate
Choosing a secure and efficient shipping platform
Roadie shows you how to ship heavy equipment with zero hassle
Start by including tie-downs, protecting equipment as necessary, and adding instructions for handling. Then simply schedule a delivery — Roadie handles the rest for less. Roadie’s door-to-door platform means a driver will come right to you to pick up and deliver your heavy equipment right to the doorstep of your recipient. You can track transit in real-time through our app, and you can require a delivery signature upon completion.
A few tips on how to ship heavy tools
- Clean it up. Make sure there aren’t any oil, fuel or other leaks. Scrape off mud, and clear away sawdust or other debris that may blow around during transit.
- Safety first. If you’re sending a saw or other piece of equipment that’s sharp, be sure to use a saw blade cover or other protective devices that came with the equipment.
- Tie it down. The sender must supply chocks, tie-downs and any other materials necessary to secure the item for transportation.
- Don’t forget the keys! If your heavy equipment needs a key or code to operate it, make sure to give those to your driver.
- Instruction manual. Does the recipient need an instruction manual, or is the equipment tricky to operate? If so, send special instructions for how to transport your heavy equipment with your driver.
Transport heavy equipment faster than expected
Roadie drivers are already on the way to the place where your equipment needs to go, which means they can get it there quickly. No transfers at freight terminals and handoffs at shipping centers, which can add days or weeks to transit times.
Stories from the road
Expanding their lighting business with same-day delivery
Beau at 1STOP Lighting often works with construction companies to make indoor and outdoor spaces beautiful with one-of-a-kind lighting. Those outdoor spaces also occasionally need heaters. That’s when Beau enlists AEI Corporation to ensure patio comfort with electric heaters.
When Nolan from Riviera Construction needed two heaters for a client’s space, Beau ordered the heaters from AEI. Beau frequently uses Roadie when sending lighting nationwide, and he knows Roadie can often deliver within a day or two and usually costs just a fraction of what traditional shippers charge.
Beau set up a delivery for the heaters to get them from Irvine, CA, to San Clemente 27 miles away. David delivered them later that day to Nolan’s construction site for just $54.
Delivering every tool a project could need
Carmen was working on a home project in his backyard and borrowed some construction materials from his friend Larry, who graciously provided lots of piping, hammers, gutter poles, fans, a dolly and more. It was more than Carmen could ever use.
When the backyard project was done, Carmen was wondering how to ship her heavy tools back to Larry, but didn’t have a large enough car to do it himself.
Carmen didn’t want to make Larry drive 28 miles across town, so he set up a delivery with Roadie. Within two hours, Eric picked up and delivered the construction materials, and it only cost $69.
See what else you can send
- Apple Pie
- Attache Case
- Craigslist Item
- Carry On
- Diving Helmet
- Dog Food
- Drum Kit
- Essential Oils
- Espresso Machine
- Juniper Tree
- Jarlsberg Cheese
- Kitchen Sink
- Medical Supplies
- Nail Gun
- Nutrition Drink
- Washing Machine
- X-Men #1
- X-Ray Glasses
- Yoga Mat
- Zen Garden