Delivery photos are one of the most important parts of the delivery process. They give customers peace of mind, seeing first-hand that their delivery was left in the right place. And they help you — and us — show everyone we got the job done right. A good delivery photo can be the difference between success and failure on a Gig, so here are some tips on taking a great one:
- Take a wide angle shot so you can see both the item(s) and the delivery location.
- Show some location details if you can’t take the picture with the actual address/house number.
- Try to include any relevant customer information, like a label or order number, in the photo. We can use this to verify the right package was left at the right location.
- If the recipient takes the package directly from you, still try to capture a house number or street address to verify that you arrived at the correct location, even if it means not showing the item in the photo.
- Don’t take a picture of the items inside your vehicle. It’s important to see details of the delivery location clearly.
- Don’t take a blurry picture. If items aren’t identifiable, what’s the point?
- Don’t include recipients in your photo — it’s weird for everyone. Even more importantly, we have to respect recipients’ privacy.
Following these tips will help you — and us — provide the best level of service possible to our customers. Happy customers send more stuff, and that’s good for all of us.
As always, thanks for being a part of the Roadie community!